Starting an auto repair shop can be very profitable, but a shiny complete shop full of new equipment can be out of the reach of most auto repair business entrepreneurs. The cost of a business startup can deter many of us from starting a new auto repair shop now.
However success is never easy and the first thing you need is determination! If you push though this financial obstacle then you will reap huge benefits and rewards. If you have the ability to repair vehicles then you are more than half way there. You can start an auto repair business as long as you can do the work yourself and you have the drive to do it. Here are 5 tips to start your auto repair business with little or no money!
1) Legalities. You will need to get an occupational license and open a business bank account. You will need to file a fictitious name request online to open a business bank account. You may also file for an occupational license online as well.
2) Type of business. You will need to adjust your niche. If you cannot afford a shop to bring customers to why not take the shop to the customers. Why not offer a mobile auto repair business until you can get a brick and mortar shop.
3) Business cards. If you can afford to you should go to a professional for your business cards such as Vista print they offer a onetime free offer for full color and quality business cards. Do not forget to utilize the back of your business cards. Do not leave the back of your cards blank. Think of the back of your business cards as a free billboard that you can use to offer discounts or referral fees to consumers who send customers your way.
4) Free ways to market. Marketing is the key to any businesses success or failure. You should utilize every social media site that you can such as Twitter, MySpace, Facebook, LinkedIn and Google+. It may seem daunting at first but you can use Ping.fm to update all of your social media sites at once. You will need a website with your local keywords in the Meta tags. You must submit your website to as many search engines as you possibly can. You can start search engine submissions with Addme.com. You will also need a keyword rich blog. You should use the services section of Craigslist to post your auto repair niche classified in for free. Do not post a plain old ad to Craigslist, go to Google and type in free Craigslist template and you will get an eye catching template for free. You should post your classified to as many free classified sites that you are able to. Post a free ad on Manta and post your business information on Google maps and places. This is by no means a complete list but these ideas will get you started on your path to owning a successful auto repair business.
5) Failure is not an option. If you really want a repair shop full of equipment that you own then you will need to make it happen. You will need to save 20% of the profit that you make and save it. If you can you should open an interest bearing account and keep adding 20% of your profits to your savings account and you will be on your way to owning the auto repair shop you have dreamed of.
Whatever you do make it count! Do not take no for an answer! Do not listen to nay Sayers! If everyone in history listened to the masses we would still believe the world was flat. 2012 can be the year you started on your road to success!